Friday, January 02, 2009

First Post of 2009


Here's a nice answer by Peter Enns to the question: Why should we trust Christian interpretation of Jewish scriptures?

After our wall clock died, I didn't have the heart to buy a replacement. (Incidentally, my parents have had the same clock on the wall of their dining room for as long as I can remember. That's only about 25 years or so, given that I'm a fairly young guy, but still: that's impressive for an item purchased from Pamida. Would that Target products lasted so long.) But I grew tired of turning my head to the blank place on the wall and then peering at the microwave to see the time.

The solution presented itself in this form: a free, stylish clock screensaver. I actually saw this on someone's computer at work (in the Design department, naturally) and googled around till I found it.

In response to Beau's comment on the Fish post: I haven't seen anything in Stanley Fish's New York Times pieces to tie him to that father-of-all-relativism label. In fact, he seems eager to refute that image; see this essay, in which he objects to the way deconstructionism is generally used in American circles. Makes me wonder if I've been misled too.

No comments: