Friday, January 11, 2008

Random organic thoughts

Timewaster of the day: I played this game last night until the little swarming dots danced on my closed eyelids. But tonight I have to go back to work on my paper. A few more passes through, maybe put in a chart or two to reduce the eyes-glazing-over effect of my prose . . . hey! Pay attention! Ok, here:


One of the office ladies at my junior high school had a Mandelbrot set screen saver, endlessly zooming in on the ridges and valleys of infinitude. It was a heck of a lot cooler than Flying Through Space. But, on the other hand, Flying Through Space was pretty exciting when you discovered it for the first time. I don't have a screen saver anymore--I assume that screens no longer need saving, right? They've become theologically liberal and have no use for a theory of atonement? If they do, I'm in trouble.

Whew. Apparently there's little to no danger of an image burning into an LCD screen.

Not a lot going on inside my head today, obviously. I should mention that the post title is an allusion to a new list of banished words. My favorite is "Perfect Storm."

No comments: