Monday, January 07, 2008

My Triumphant Return!


So the paper is mostly finished, and I shall try to return to earlier blogging form. I'm also planning what I should read next. I think a full-out evaluation of Joel Osteen is overdue (hence his picture above). My connections in one social sphere think he's great; those in another sphere think he's a heretic. My uninformed opinion leans toward "dangerous teaching" rather than flat-out heretic, but it's high time to have an informed opinion. Preferably one that is nuanced in ways that show my intellectual superiority to the warring factions on either side of me.

Sorry, I guess reading about political triangulating brings it out in me. Is it just me, or are politicians generally dropping the pretense that they're not just saying what they think people want to hear?

The newscasters keep saying that America wants change. Let's see, how many times can I use the word "change" in the next debate?

One of the funnier things I've read about the election can be found here. It pulls off putting words in a candidate's mouth much better than I just did.

No comments: